Live-in Guidelines - What you can expect and plan for with live-in care.
The live-in caregiver can assist with:
- Light housekeeping (tidying, vacuuming, dusting, laundry, dishes, taking out trash)
- Errands – taking client on outings, shopping, to visit friends, grocery shopping
- Meal planning and preparation
- Personal Care, Safety assistance, Medication assistance
- Pet Care (dog walks, feeding, litterboxes)
- Home Care (getting mail, watering plants)
What you should be prepared to provide:
- Groceries that are sufficient to provide 3 balanced meals for both caregiver and client per day.
- 9 Hours off each night, with the caregiver able to get up 1-2 times for assistance.
- Three 30-minute meal time breaks and two 15-minute rest breaks during the day, in the home
(Adequate break and rest time guarantee our live-in caregivers will be able to provide the best care for you)
- A private room or sleeping space for the live-in caregiver, separate from the clients sleeping space.
- Latex Disposable gloves (Large) for personal care
- Anti bacterial cleaning supplies and hand soap for use.
- Shower chair and or handheld shower nozzle for safe bathing of your loved one.
- Medication Cassettes for 2-3 weeks, so that caregiver is able to assist consistently with medication.
- Visa gift cards for the Shopping card program, if you want the caregiver to do shopping – Please do not ever give caregivers cash or personal credit /debit cards
- Any assisted lifting devices, gait belt, etc… if needed or recommended.
What Care Management can assist with:
- Changes in schedule, or in staff based on personal preferences.
- Training and supervision of your caregiver on care related to your specific medical needs.
- Assistance with setting doctors’ appointments, or coordinating pharmacy refills
- Home visits to evaluate care needs, live-in caregiver, and possible changes in care needs.
- Coordination of you schedule and staffing of appropriate caregivers to ensure your safety and comfort.
- Communication and coordination with family and responsible parties regarding client condition and any issues that arise.
- Filling of medication cassettes through our on-staff Nursing.